Sunday 2 October 2011

Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012


Pros: Security functions ok as far as one can tell.
Cons: Many, not least of which is that it prevents my OS from shutting down.
Takes an eternity to start, making system start-up times unacceptably long.
Summary: After 13 years of almost trouble-free TrendMicro use I decided to update once again before the licence expires. This time moving from Pc-cillin 2010 to Titanium Max Security 2012, to install on 5 computers.

Nothing changed on my own computer between uninstalling Pc-cillin and installing Titanium. However, following initial installation, system shut-down problems were immediately apparent. So I uninstalled, restarted and did a clean re-install - all to no effect. The shut-down problem is still there. And to cap that the program wouldn't allow me to activate it for a computer on which it had already been installed. So I had to give a different name and now my available installations have been reduced by one.

A little investigation of TrendMicro's own forums reveals that they are very aware of serious issues with Titanium (2011 and 2012), and that I am far from the only user to encounter such problems.

I'm not a novice at this and am quite aware that many problems are user/system configuration specific. However, where PC-cillin 2010 worked perfectly for two years, so Titanium should continue to do so. And it really doesn't.

If this isn't resolved in the next few days then it's pretty certain I will be an ex-TrendMicro customer.

DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment